Nothing beats fiberglass doors for value and performance
Beautifully crafted, energy efficient, secure, and easy to maintain, Therma-Tru fiberglass entry doors are a durable alternative to wood or steel.
Multi-Point Locking Systems (MPLS) & Strike Plate
Geniune Therma-True multi-point locking systems (recommended) engage the door and frame at three points from top to bottom, helping to preserve the weatherstrip’s seal even under wind pressure. Without precision engineering in this critical area, wind can push the top and bottom corners of the door away from the frame, allowing air and moisture to passs through.
Multi-Point Locking Systems (Recommended)
- Provide more engagement of locking hardware than traditional deadbolt assemblies.
- Premium stainless steel construction provides excellent corrosion reistance.
- Offered in 45 mm and 60 mm widths to accommodate varying door styles.
- Highly recommended for 8’0” and double fiberglass door systems. ( Not recommened for steel door systems.)
- Engages the frame at three critical points, enhancing stability to help maintain alignment.
- 1” premium stainless steel deadbolt is stronger than traditional deadbolts.
- Self-lubricating locks help provide smooth operation with little maintenance.
- Integrated mishandling device helps protect the door and frame from accidental damage; a convenient upward turn of the handle is required before all three points will engage.
Three points are better than one.
Geniune Therma-True multi-point locking systems are engineered for increased engagement and increased peace of mind. A multi-point locking system not onlly provides enhanced stability, it also provides an enhanced sense of security knowing that the lock is engaging with the frame at three points, rather than only at the strike plate like traditional deadbolt assemblies.